Medication compounding serves a necessary and immensely valuable purpose for many patients who have unique health needs that off-the-shelf, manufactured medications cannot meet. At Dinno Health, we work collaboratively with physicians and health care providers to provide compounded medications that address those needs.
Dinno Health specializes in compounded medications for a variety of health issues, including:
- Diet restrictions/allergies
- Hormone balancing for men and women
- Mitochondrial and metabolic diseases
- Pain management
Compounding is offered at Acton Pharmacy and Keyes Drug. Our pharmacists and technicians have completed advanced training to ensure the quality of compounded medications and are committed to meeting the highest standards of our profession.
Compounded medications can be used for the following purposes:
- Creating medication that works best for the individual and their particular dosing needs.
- Making available needed medications that are backordered or not commercially available through the marketplace.
- Working with patients to adjust compounded medication flavors, complying with their unique needs.
- Taking a medicine only available in pill or tablet form and converting it into a liquid, topical or troche form, when medically necessary.
- Making medications without the ingredients to which some patients are allergic, or in strengths that are not commercially available and personalizing dosing, when necessary.
A health care provider must prescribe a compounded medication. All compounding pharmacies – as is the case with all pharmacies – are required to operate under the governmental oversight of the state board of pharmacy, and in compliance with applicable regulatory bodies.