Acton Pharmacy Featured in Acton-Boxborough Family Network Newsletter
Acton Pharmacy is one of four independent family pharmacies owned by brothers Saad and Ray Dinno. You can find our other pharmacies in Newton (Keyes Drug), Lexington (Theatre Pharmacy) and right down the road in West Concord! Our pharmacies have all been neighborhood pharmacies and respected in the community for many years–Acton Pharmacy in particular has been in the community since 1927. As an independent pharmacy, we have to separate ourselves from large chain pharmacies and we do that with our exceptional customer service. Not only do we know most of our customers by name, but we pride ourselves on going above and beyond in service.
Our pharmacy is unique because we do more than offer just your basic pharmacy services.
- We have certified stocking fitters to help with any and all compression stocking questions, along with other durable medical equipment fittings.
- Our Health and Wellness Director can assist you in finding the nutritional supplements you may need to optimize your health and even offers Vitamin Consultations (call and ask for Beth Gardner!)
- Vaccinations are important, and we are able to offer vaccines for anyone age 9 and up, including Flu Shot, Shingrix and hopefully, the COVID vaccine once it is available to the general population!
- Medicine on Time is a custom bubble-packing system to help patients make sure they take all their prescriptions at the right time each day, increasing medication adherence/compliance.
- We have a state-of-the-art compounding lab that is certified nationally by PCAB which compounds medications when off the shelf medications are not an option due to allergies or availability, including for pets!
- Acton Pharmacy is proud to provide educational seminars for free to the public, and is hosted by a variety of clinicians and healthcare professionals on a monthly basis.
- A 5 days a week delivery service, available to anyone in the community. This includes prescription and over-the-counter items. When you can’t come to us, we will come to you!
Pharmacy is an essential business and when COVID-19 took over in March of 2020, we immediately took steps to protect our employees and our customers.
- Masks are required, we put up plexiglass around the registers and we clean all services at the top of every hour.
- Senior shopping hours
- Contactless curbside pick-up. Customers are able to call in their order and when they arrive at the pharmacy, one of our employees wearing appropriate PPE will come to your vehicle and drop your items into your car.
If Acton Pharmacy is new to you, stop on in and ask to meet any of the staff! We would love the chance to meet you and see if we can be of any service to you and your family. Lastly, you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for updates about our Pharmacy and Vaccines or check out our comprehensive website https://dinnohealth.com/actonpharmacy. We hope to see you soon!